Thank you for renting from Canton Canopies, please take a moment and review the care and instructions of your rented equipment.
- All Big John products are designed for OUTDOOR USE ONLY.
- Place grill on a level area clear of combustible items and remove grill top.
- For a 5 foot grill, begin with 30-40 pounds of charcoal briquettes.
- Place charcoal briquettes in aluminum pans in firebox and ignite according to charcoal manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Before placing grill top over hot coals, spray grill top with vegetable oil to prevent food from sticking to the grill top. Or you can cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove the grill immediately after cooking. This will aid in cleanup and prevent grease from baking on.
- Placing pots, pans, or other cooking accessories on the grill top can be dangerous and is not recommended. This grill is designed for direct cooking only. Only place food for direct cooking onto the grill top.
- When coals are ready, select desired cooking height and slide grill top onto the firebox. Make sure it has previously been sprayed with vegetable oil to prevent food from sticking. Or you can cover with aluminum foil.
- We recommend adding 1-15 pounds of charcoal each hour while the grill is in use.
- Keep a spray bottle filled with water handy. It is helpful in reducing flare-ups while cooking.
CARE & CLEANING
- When finished cooking, remove the grill top to prevent the grease from baking on. This makes cleanup easier.
- When all the coals are cool, remove aluminum pans with ashes inside and dispose of contents in an approved manner. WARNING; NEVER POUR WATER ON HOT COALS TO EXTINGUISH. THIS CAN WARP THE FIREBOX.
- When grill top has cooled, clean separately. Excessive carbon build up can be removed using a non-metallic scouring pad like Scotch Brite. DO NOT USE A WIRE BRUSH.
- Clean firebox with a solution of hot, soapy water. FIREBOX MUST BE CLEAN AND DRY BEFORE RETURNING.